Saturday, August 18, 2012

Obsessed With Mint

First and foremost I am not a model by any means...I know I didn't have to tell you that just look at the photos... I have horrible poses.(check out my claw hand in the photo below)  I cannot think of that many body parts at the same time...I am a mother, a wife, a sister and aunt who when she has spare time tries to start the day out right with a workout and healthy eating...Did you catch that word tries?...Some days are filled with oreos or even dare I say pizza a lot of pizza...I am a size 8-10 pants...definitely a pear...smaller on top and larger on bottom...size 6-8 tops...I have large thighs and I think I mentioned this before I am bootylicious. Thanks to my amazing sister/photographer Kate you won't be seeing me from that angle. I also have to thank Joey at Joey and Roman Salon http://www.joeyandromansalon.com/.  He is a true artist and I wouldn't dream of going anywhere else to get my hair done.

I wanted a fashion/style blog page that was not only affordable but also would be for the person that was average in size...I will never be a size two remember the oreos and pizza...so tired of seeing those websites where the posting person has a perfect body and would look great in everything...then going to the store to try it on and major fail...Don't get me wrong I love you size two body types...You are my envy...It's the clothes that don't fit me like they fit you that I have an issue with...Most days when those racks aren't overwhelming I love bargain shopping at TJMaxx and Forever 21 but you will find that I am a very diverse shopper...I shop anywhere even anthropologie when they have an amazing sale...Every once in awhile I might even have a splurge moment...I love my Michael Kors purse and watch but that will  not be an everyday occurrence.  That is a I love my husband moment.

Sorry to bore you with the details so on to my new favorite color Mint.  This top caught my eye it was not only mint but also had lace another obsession of mine...Charlotte Russe  Top (bought medium), Ann Taylor Shorts (I got them cheaper in the store size 8), Bracelets gifted found similar rockstarsz, Sandals found similar Nine West (I bought my sandals at the Nine West Outlet cheaper and a little bit different), Belt found similar Banana Republic.(I had purchased my belt last season for $9.99 be patient wait for an amazing sale)


Newest mint purchase Mint Sorbet by Sally Hansen


























8 comments:

  1. I was JUST thinking about your hair the other day! My hair is longer than it has been in a while, and it's starting to drive me batty. It's pretty when I have the time to 'do' it, but... my two little ones make it hard. You should totally share your products and routine with the world! Inquiring minds want to know. :D Oh, I love mint too. Very refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a love hate relationship with my hair. I generally only truly love it when Joey fixes it for me. I mean how are you supposed to do the back of your hair. By the time I get the hair in the round brush and hold the dryer in the correct position my arm cramps up. I have tried every product and I use any shampoo and conditioner generally whatever is on sale and have a coupon for. I used the salon brands a couple of times but never saw a huge difference. For a styling product I use organix renewing moroccan argan penetrating oil from Walmart. Again I have used a lot of salon products and this seems to tame my thick hair just as good as the next product. I did recently buy Kerastase serum oleo-relax let's just say I should have asked how much it was before I bought it because it was a shocker. I think it was forty dollars. I only use it when there is a special occassion and carefully pump out three pumps. Hopefully I will have it for four years to make up for the price. Generally I wash my hair every other day. Blow it dry with a Chi hair dryer and finish off with Chi flat iron.(not so happy with my new Chi flat iron don't think they make them like they used to) I usually don't use hairspray only if there are flyaways that are driving me nuts. I think I have pantene right now. When I don't have time to do my hair I will pull it up into a ponytail or bun. My latest favorite is braiding. You put it up wet and when you take the braid out gorgeus waves. I only get my hair done every ten to twelve weeks. I try to be as frugal as I can. I would go longer but my kids remind me of how bad the grey is getting. I tend to get a root touchup every time but highlights and a cut every other time.

      Delete
  2. I like mint too...I've noticed it looks nice on lighter hair shades...like yours. I lightened my hair (probably similar to yours when I like it-in between too-dark dyed and too-light faded)and wanted mint clothes but have yet to buy. I found a neat sweater that was slightly darker mint but the price was way up there so I moved on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still think this is a little high but Express has a mint dolman sweater on sale for $29.90...love

      Delete
  3. By the way, you are beautiful and healthy looking. Be happy with yoursef! I would love to be that size. But I cut out all grains and sugar and am on my way there. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and congrats on your diet. Let's not call it a diet a lifestyle is better. Keep us posted. Oh and a mint sweater I'll have to be on the lookout. They don't call me coupon lady for nothing.

      Delete
  4. While Kate is great with a camera she is not under that much pressure here. You look great.
    Lifestyle is the point for sure. Melissa (my wife) has been working with us to create a lifestyle that has evolved. funny that it is now going Paleo.
    I have always been offended that the fashions are shown on girls that could be boys in that 13-15 year old range. A woman should sell to a woman. Not being a woman though I can't say truly what moves all of you. I can say that the women I have known who were sized 2 always stayed friends. never more.

    ReplyDelete