- Fun & comforting office staff, whatever vibe the hygienist is putting off the child will pick up on and exhibit themselves. For cleanings its mostly the hygienist who's working with your child and the dentist only comes to look at the teeth for a short bit.
- Fun office - toys fun pictures/murals stuff to look at not only in the waiting room but where they will be getting their teeth cleaned.
- First ask friends, family, even your pediatric doctor but if they don't come up with any names that work for you, you can search the AAPD tool
Going for your first visit
- Should be around 3 years old (our case earlier) its most important in case you have a dental emergency. If you have an emergency but have never seen the pediatric dentist it might be hard to be seen.
- Don't OVER talk it but do tell them what to expect and what is expected of them. Your tone of voice is very important in this. "We are going to go to the dentist he wants to count your teeth and make them sparkle then afterwards we will go x and have so much fun."
- Always do something fun afterwards so that the fun is associated with the dentist.
Hope this helps