Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Interfaith Family

I've never been an uber religious person though grew up Catholic & decided young that it wasn't for me. I found amazing spirituality & friendships at a non denomination church. They were the ones that introduced me to meditation... Amazing for teens!! In my twenties I leaned toward Buddhism and actually got to listen to the Dalai Lama in person. It was an amazing experience. Then the accident happened & I believe that the prayers all worked & that my guardian angel was paying attention. So right now I'm open to everything & I like that my pastor at Antioch talks honestly & tells us that he's not perfect & doesn't know it all yet.

Now comes my daughter, I guess I call myself undecided, but if pressed Christian, and my husband is Jewish, I want to teach her our religions but not force her into one, let her find her own path. So she goes to my church & we all go to the Jewish center. We try to celebrate holidays from both religions in fact the festival of Sukkot is coming up & I'm super excited to learn all about it. 

What is your favorite/preferred religion & holiday? 

2 comments:

  1. We do the same as you. Open to all and give our children a chance to experience traditions from different religions. We are a secular family for the most part but still celebrate/observe Jewish and Christian holidays. We love Sukkot too--so nice.

    ReplyDelete